Ramina designs and manufactures complete Geosynthetics clay liner line for the production of bentonite geocomposites. The aim of the GCL line is in particular the Mechanical fixing (by needling) of a layer of Bentonite sandwiched between two Geotextiles (1 needled nonwoven and 1 woven) in PP filaments.
- PP nonwoven geotextile
- PP woven geotextile
PRODUCTS AND APPLICATION FIELDS
Geotextile: landfills sealing, building of roads and railways, dams, civil engineering, hydraulic works, coastal protections, etc.
- Working width: up to 6.500 mm
- Working speed: max. 7 m/min.
- Basic weight: min. 1.000 g/mq, max. 6.000 g/mq
The standard process of the GCL line (Bentonite) includes the following phases:
- The lower layer PP woven geotextile comes from the unwinder: 1st PP woven layer for bentonite powder support
- The central bentonite layer is obtained by means of scattering unit: Bentonite dosing on PP woven
- Application of the upper layer of PP nonwoven geotextile: 2nd PP nonwoven layer for bentonite closure
- Needle-punching: Needle-punching for seaming of bentonite between PP woven and PP nonwoven
- Singeing hair: Burning by infra-red unit of needling residuals on the lower side of geo-composite product in order to avoid losses of bentonite.
- Accumulation: Accumulation of GCL in order to allow the change of roll on end line winder.
Predisposition for inspection area in case of future presence of double magnetic bar and needles removing
- Slitting: Cutting on desired length of GCL
- Roll winding: Automatic winding of product in rolls
- Roll wrapping: Final product total wrapping
- Final conveyor belt: Wrapped roll unloading