Ramina designs and manufactures complete Airlay-S lines for the production of felts for the automotive, building, filtration and furniture industries.
The Airlay-S is an innovative system that, with the aerodynamic web formation, replaces the traditional processes using carding and cross-lapping systems. The particular configuration of Airlay-S allows to place the fibers, along the mat thickness, in a S form, strongly increasing the longitudinal strength of the material.
The standard basic weight ranges from 500 g/m2 to 5000 g/m2 and thanks to the combination with an air-card, it is possible to get even lightweight products down to 160 g/m2.
- Synthetic fiber (virgin/recycled PET – PP – BICO, PA, Cellulosic viscose,etc.)
- Natural fiber (Cotton, Flax, Wool, Kenaf, Coconut, Jute, Hemp, Straw)
- Shoddy fiber (denim, rags, etc.)
- Mineral fiber (Glass fiber, Rock wool fiber, Ceramic fiber, carbon fiber)
- Other raw materials (Rice husk, Resin-bonded nonwoven grinded, Grinded EVA blown materials, Grinded Polyurethane, Grinded polystyrene).
PRODUCTS AND APPLICATION AREAS
- Automotive: felts and substrates for automotive, materials for thermal and acoustic insulation, seat waddings.
- Building/Construction: materials for thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Home/Furniture: felts for mattresses, quilts, blankets, sofas, armchairs, chairs.
- Filtration: filter materials
- Working width: max. 4200 mm
- Standard basic weight: 500 – 5000 g/m²
- Special basic weight: 160 - 2000 g/m²
- Working speed: up to 15 m/min
- Capacity: max. 2000 kg/h
The standard Airlay-S process, using natural, synthetic and shoddy fiber, includes the following steps:
- Fiber Opening and Blending: the bales of fiber are opened and blended by bale-openers, blending box and fine opener. The opened and blended fiber is then fed into the web forming section of the production line.
- Web Forming: the web former further opens and aligns the fibers into parallel direction with the Airlay-S system or the Aircard machine, according to the required basic weight.
For low basic weights from 160 g/m2 up to 2000 g/m2 we recommend to use the Aircard, while for higher basic weights we suggest the utilization of the Airlay-S.
- Bonding: the product coming from the web forming is thermobonded in the oven by the action of hot air crossing the product from the top and from the bottom.
- Finishing: according to the final application, the web can have different finishing like cooling and calendering.
Finally the product is ready to be shipped, generally in rolls winded by end of line units that also allow to slit and crosscut the product in the desired size. Before shipping, the rolls are usually manually or automatically wrapped and strapped into pallets.